Wednesday 29 February 2012

Fortune favours the bold

I don't think I've ever seen so many robins here than this winter. I kept encountering them on my winter walks, and I just love how bold and inquisitive (and pretty and colourful) they are. Not shy at all, as most of  the other birds, and therefore the perfect little photo models.


I've painted robins earlier this winter, but in the meatime, I managed to get masses of robin photographs, in all kinds of poses. I'll have to print them out, they'd be perfect to use for drawing exercises. And maybe some more image transfer experiments.

I think I should take those little creatures as an example, and Vergil's words to heart: Fortune favours the bold.

4 comments:

  1. This is a perfect picture. I just saw my first Robin on my walk this morning. It reminded me that spring is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are also inquisitive and quite agressive towards each other. They are one of my favourites....brill photo.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Toll ist das Foto Katja und Dein Journal unten find ich auch so klasse..das würde direkt auch zu unserer neuen Art Journal Journey - Blumen passen. Wenn Du es linken magst..wäre schön!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning photograph! I love the variety of art which you feature!
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete