Tuesday 26 April 2016

April weather and some Magnolia polaroids

April is showing itself from its best side. Some sunny days with temperatures up to 20 degrees last week made all the trees burst into bloom. All kinds of trees laden with white and pink blossoms, such a joy to see. A solid downpour of various degrees all Saturday took down a great deal of the delicate blossom leaves, and for the last two days, temperatures dropped and we've had two mornings of snow, and more frost is threatening to kill off the apple blossoms. And today there's a strong wind that will make the remaining blossoms fly through the air. April, April, let's just hope you won't take this weather too far into May.

Polaroid SX-70 Alpha 1

I took these photos earlier in April. There's a beautiful big old magnolia tree down my street, and every year, I'm looking forward to see it bloom, hoping that the weather will hold long enough. This year, it did, and I took my whole arsenal of cameras to take photos of it, my Canon DSLR,  Nikon SLR, and three different Polaroid cameras.

Polaroid SX-70 Alpha 1

I haven't used the Polaroids since autumn and they all had only two or three photos left in them. Like food, film has a use by date, and letting them sit in the cameras for so long can give some funny effects. And each camera has its own characteristics too.

Polaroid SLR 680
I'm still waiting for the film in my Nikon AF to get full and have it developed. Being used to being able to snap 500 photos a day if I wanted to with my DSLR, I thought that having only 36 photos in a film might prove a real challenge when I started using the Nikon earlier this year. But it seems to take forever to fill that film. And 36 photos is still a whole lot more than the 8 in a Polaroid film.

Polaroid Image Pro

I'm looking forward to using my Polaroid cameras more often again once the weather turns warmer and less wet again. And I'm already racking my brain about which analogue camera to take with me on my holiday in June.

4 comments:

  1. I love your Polaroid pictures. They are so atmospheric. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Polaroid pictures. They are so atmospheric. Looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do wish I was more nifty with a Camera! Your photo's are always so lovely!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are still beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete